Monday, January 4, 2016

Come rain or shine, hell or high water.


Sometimes you need to treat your cycling like a good relationship. That is, do something out of the ordinary in order to motivate you, excite you and keep things fun and interesting.

I woke up this morning after having heard heavy rain falling all night prepared to have a cosy day with a cup of coffee and a good book.

However, somewhere in the middle of my shower, I started thinking it would be nice to go out for a bike ride. I got dried up, and took a quick look at the weather forecast for the next 7 days. Not good, rain, rain and more rain.

Forecast not looking great
 

"Well, that does it, I've got no choice darling wife, I am going out for a bike ride."

"You're crazy, it's pouring out there."

"So it is, so it is.
Nice and wet

And with that, I pumped up the tires, put on my trusty aldi rain cheater thingamabob and headed out to do a quick 30km on the trusty steed.

Check out that roman nose
 
I must say, there is something to be said about riding in adverse conditions, for some reason, the harder the riding conditions, the bigger the smile gets on my face.


Not rose-tinted glasses, these are the rain-tinted variety

It was fun seeing the world through rain tinted glasses and the frogs along the M7 cycle way were in a great singing voice.


To top it all off, I only saw two other cyclist for the whole duration so I had the M7 cycleway virtually to myself.
Mine, all mine!

 What a great day to be alive.


That's a lot of water!
Here's a good new year resolution, come hell or high water, rain or shine, take that bike out and enjoy it no matter what the weather throws at you this year.

Lovely day to be alive





1 comment: