Wednesday, February 22, 2017

VIntage Apollo Restoration - It's done.



Actually, it was finished back in September, but I have been slack updating the blog.

I was happy with the overall build. 


A few things to note. 

The internal 3 speed hub that was with the original bike was a little too far gone for me to get into a working shape so I opted for the easy way out and replaced the wheels with a Taylor Wheels with Shimano Alfine 8-speed hub  with the front wheel also housing a dynamo  hub. I opted for a brooks Flyer saddle and I made the leather handlebar grips myself. 


All in all, it was a pleasant build that went together as smoothly as the ride itself. 

Complete Parts Breakdown

  • Dia GRAND COMPE CLASSICO Crank 46t x 165mm Track Fixed Gear Bike Crankset & Bottom Bracket 
  • Velo Orange Tourist Handle Bars
  • Fixed Road Bike Bicycle Quill Stem 25.4mm X 150mm 22.2mm 1'' Alumimum 60 Deg
  • VP-H732 JIS Road Bike headset 1" threaded 27.0mm crown race
  • Taylor Wheels 28inch bike wheel set Shimano Alfine hub dynamo 8-speed
  • Schwalbe Tube Road 700 x 18-28c Presta Valve 40mm x 2
  • Schwalbe Tyre Hybrid Delta Cruiser White Wall 700 x 28
  • Shimano Nexus CN-NX10 Chain 1/2x1/8 114 Link
  • Dia Compe Center pull brakes(long reach) with front rack combo
  • Shiman Brake Levers
  • Brooks Flyer



No comments:

Post a Comment